Thank you for your patience as we worked through the events of Summer Tournament Week with the NSOs in providing early notice to schools of the suspension of events on the national calendar to April 6th.
We have now been able to work with the next group of NSOs who had planned to deliver events, mainly in the upcoming school holidays. The NSOs have all confirmed they would be unable to deliver events that comply with government directives and safe practice in the Covid-19 environment.
Given the raised level of government Covid-19 alert and the ongoing uncertainty, the board of School Sport NZ has announced the School Sport NZ calendar of national events will be further suspended until May 5th.
This will also allow further decisions to be informed by the position of NSOs who have largely announced bans on activity in their sport until May 2nd.
We will continue to work with NSOs to determine which of the suspended events are now cancelled and which may be able to postpone to a date later in the year. Please check the School Sport NZ website as this information will be updated as we can resolve individual events.
Article added: Monday 23 March 2020